Happy Thanksgiving Week! So much to be thankful for this year…so much that I’m not going to let a little (ok, so a lot of weight gain) get me down…
Damn you alcoholic beverages. Your empty calories sure know how to ruin a trip to the scale!
I’m not even going to pretend that it will be way lower next week. I’m not saying I’m going to stuff my face beyond the point of maximum gastric expansion, but I am saying that I plan to enjoy a fantastic meal. Well…fantastic meals. Having multiple families also means having multiple Thanksgivings.
At least I can safely steer clear of the dessert table this year – there will be no pumpkin pie or pecan pie being ingested for this girl! It’s all good…dessert is never my favorite part anyway. I’d rather have 4 helpings of brussell sprouts than a piece of pie any day.
We must avoid the food coma!!!
Need some additional tips for getting through the beaucoups of food this Thanksgiving…I’ve got you covered….Here are some phrases to help you say no to too much:
- “Sorry, my tapeworm won’t allow me to eat pumpkin pie.”
- “My religion forbids cranberry sauce.”
- “No thanks. I happen to know that Cousin Marc licked all the rolls before dinner.”
- “My doctor informed me that even one slice of pecan pie will make my spleen explode.”
- “No thanks. I see dead people in gravy.”
- “That stuffing looks delicious but it brings back hurtful memories of that sorority hazing incident that’s too painful for me to talk about…”
- “I’m allergic to second helpings.”
- “I don’t think so. Dad always buys his turkeys from some dude who sells them out of the trunk of his Grand Am along with bootleg DVDs…”
- “I yam not gonna have any of those marshmallowy sweet potatoes, thank you very much.”
- “I would have more, but you’re a terrible cook…”
- “Do you have any diet wine?”
- “No thanks… I had giblets for breakfast this morning.”
- “No green bean casserole for me this year; I’m showing my support for the plight of Chilean green bean farmers.”
- “No thanks. I saw Grandma spit into the mashed potatoes while she was making them.”
- “I think that has gluten in it. Sorry, none for me!”
I’m going to just say no to over stuffing myself…but sure am thankful for how far I’ve come, how many of you have been here to support me, and how amazing I feel.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
“Thanksgiving: Not a good day to be my pants.” ~ Kevin James