Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Well today was the first day with the trainer…I know…so romantic! I really contemplated not going this morning at 5am when the alarm went off. Not only was I worried about how badly I was going to hurt afterwards, but it was about 3 hours before my normal wake up time.
I sucked it up and went, though…and I’m glad. I definitely think it’s going to be a great opportunity for me to have a qualified individual push me outside my comfort zone. I thought it was a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday thing…wrong. It’s Monday thru Friday. What doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger. The way my legs are feeling right now, however…I’m thinking it might kill me.
Otherwise…this past week was a relatively uneventful one. I did allow myself a cold beer (or 4) over the weekend…still managed a loss this week, although not a huge one.
Close to that 10-pound mark!!! I can taste it! (Ok…do not reward with food, Ms. Hayes….I can feel it – there that’s better!)
The post tonight is going to be a short one…I’m exhausted and know that alarm is going to go off sooner than I want it to. I will however, hone my inner Dave Letterman and leave you with a Top 10 list…
Here are the Top 10 Signs You’re Out of Shape:
10. Taco Bell sends you “Thank You” notes.
9. You cramp up while watching the NYC Marathon.
8. There is no combination of bread and cheese that you wouldn’t kill a man for.
7. You’ve ever torn something just trying to turn off the alarm clock.
6. When you look down in the shower all you see is belly and the tip of your second toe.
5. Your legs rub together so much that you’re not allowed to enter California for fear of starting fires.
4. Your knees left a suicide note on the bathroom counter.
3. You have a 0% chance of putting on your shoes without sitting in a chair.
2. You were passed at your last 5K by the 7 year old kid picking of the cones at the end of the race.
1. If you add your blood pressure reading to your cholesterol count, you get a number between seven and eight hundred…thousand.
Hoping to be less sore the next time I type…until then…much love! ~ HH
“God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it’s me.”